September is “Good Vibes Karma Month” at Creative 360 located at 1517 Bayliss St. in Midland. After months of change and uncertainty brought about by Covid-19 and the flood, the nonprofit decided it was time to help the community focus on positive energy. With an aim to offer a variety of peaceful and meditative experiences, the month is sprinkled with music, creative projects and wellness activities.
A Good Vibes Community Meditation Flag project kicks things off. These meditation or prayer flags have a long history and tradition. It is thought that as these flags fly in the wind and elements, the intention that was used to make them – peace, love, kindness, harmony, energy – moves out into the surrounding world. Everyone in the community is invited to help fill Creative 360’s space with these beautiful, positive energy flags! Adding yours to the display is simple and free! Stop by Creative 360 and pick up a free kit that includes everything you need, including a link to an instructional video from Julie Welsh to create three flags. Keep two and deliver one back to Creative 360 in September to add it to the display, which will start on September 14. Link to instructional video. Link to written instructions.
Meditation flags aren’t the only way you can participate. The variety of activities are listed below and make it possible for every community member to be involved.
- An encore performance by the Midland Saxophone Quartet September 12
- Prayer flag hanging September 14
- A John Pratt Mosaic House tour September 16
- Mandala Rock Dot Painting September 17
- Cocktails & Canvas on September 18 on September 18 where you can paint a relaxing nighttime lake scene – Twilight Reflections.
- Mala Beads, Mandalas and Meditation Flags Open Workshop September 20
- First day of autumn Equinox Yoga with guitarist Mike Zurich and instructor Kim Scott from The Yoga Place on September 22
- Embroidery for Everyone workshop on September 23 where you can stitch a mountain escape
- Round out the month with a Midland Neighboring Week activity on September 28.
Go to Creative 360’s website at becreative360.org or call 989-898-1807nto register for these events or any of their other activities.